Friday 14 February 2014

Geal Charn

Today was my last chance for a tour for a few days so thought I best get out. I also needed to train for skimo so this fitted the bill. There are 30 entries in the glencoe race just now with some top athletes and many others to enjoy the race, only three girls though, so come on girls there are 3 prizes so the chances are good! Today south facing seemed the way to go and was on the east so went for Geal Charn (monadhliath) from just beyond laggan. A very short carry, the usual heathery first section. Took the slightly longer ridge line round for the ascent then descended the south side. Firm snow on the descent provided lovely safe skiing. Potos not great as it was just me to take them. I will be running a winter skills course at Glenmore Lodge this weekend then teaching skiing for half term week. The next Ski Performance Scotland course is 1st March and still has spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment